Parts Of Speech With Definitions and Examples are given below to Learn Basic English easily
Definition : Words are divided into 8 kinds according to their functions are called Parts of Speech.
Lets have a look at them … They are…
Lets see the definitions of each Parts of Speech one by one.
- NOUN : A Noun is a word. It indicates the names of persons, things, places, birds and animals.
Here are some examples..Underlined Words are Nouns…
- Tulasi is an American
- He likes to travel by Aeroplane.
- The Parrot is a beautiful bird.
2. PRONOUN : Pronoun is a word. It is used in the place of noun (or) The word which is used instead of noun is called pronoun.
Here are some examples..Underlined Words are PRONOUNS
- They are my Friends.
- He is my Friend
- I am a Teacher
3. VERB : Verb is a word. It shows the action of a subject. The word which shows the action of a subject is called verb.
- He is watching T.V.
- They went to Macherla yesterday
- She has taken coffee.
4. ADJECTIVE : Adjective is a word. It is used to indicate the quality, quantity and colour of a noun.
- I married a beautiful lady.
- We have a White car.
- There are Hundred Teachers
5. ADVERB : Adverb is a word. It is used to increase the meaning of a verb, adjective or another adverb
- Priyanka speaks nicely
- She writes very slowly.
- Pavani is very good girl.
Note: Words that end with ‘ ly ‘ or ‘ lly ‘are known as Adverbs
6. PREPOSITON : Prepositons is a word. It is uded before a noun or pronoun to show its position or relation with other word or words in the sentence. Prepositon tells us about the position of the subject in a sentence.
- My mobile is on the table.
- They come to college by bus.
- Sony looks at me.
7. CONJUNCTION : Conjunction is a word. It joins one word to another word or on e sentence to another sentence (or) Conjunctions join words or Sentences
- Pallavi and Abhinav are busy now.
- She takes coffee or tea.
- I requested the principal but he did not give leave.
In the above sentence ‘ and’ and ‘or ‘ ‘but’ joins two sentences.
8. INTERJECTION : Interjection is a word used to express a sudden or emotional feeling (or) interjection expresses sudden feelings
- Oh !
Posted By Valli